Get ready for a boat trip. What to pack
There is no surprise for anyone anymore that when it comes to taking a vacation I vote for being on board of a boat, so I decided to tell you some things about getting ready for a boat trip and what to pack. It can be a sailing boat, catamaran or motorboat and I am happy with that. And once I am there, I enjoy all moments. First thing I experience is the marina where this water transport means awaits me. I am usually sailing in summer so the hot rays of the sun make their presence felt since early mornings. That is a good sign; it usually means that we’ll have a wonderful weather. After one nice cappuccino and a glass of water, when everyone is there, I can take the next step, meaning I am actually stepping on that boat that will carry me for a whole week.
And here we go! Unforgettable moments, clear/turquoise waters for swimming, relaxation, reading, music, nice company and something that is so important, good Mediterranean food and wines.
And now the question comes: how do I get ready for a boat trip and what do I pack?
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A BOAT TRIP:
- First thing you need to make sure of is that you don’t have sea sickness (it doesn’t matter how much you would love to sail if your body is just not into it).
- Decide where would you like to go and what kind of boat do you prefer;
- Start making preparations at least 6 months in advance. (Yacht charter companies usually make really early bookings for the boats);
- Gather a really nice crew (plan the holiday with friends that you know you have things in common and you will not step into each other’s toes at some point. You’ll spend 7 days on a limited space with them);
- Prepare for the time of your life! (as I said it hundreds of times before: incredible nature, water, underwater life, sunrises & sunsets, relaxation, amazing food and unforgettable moments).
Writing this travel blog made me realize that sometimes I just have to be so honest and just admit things that are not necessarily putting me in a very good light. I was referring here to packing. Well, I am sailing for more than 7 years and still have some issues when it comes to packing! I am a girl for God’s sake! And it seems that it really comes out of me especially when I am traveling J
The truth is, when you go on a boat you don’t need so many clothes, so here you go!
WHAT TO PACK FOR A BOAT TRIP:
- First you are going to use a bag not a big trolley (it makes you pack light and can be stored easier on the boat);
- Either you are a man or a women take all the bathing suits you have in the house and put them in the bag;
- From 3 to 5 t-shirts and 3 short pants;
- If you’re a girl take one nice dress that does not need ironing, same for men, just that they’ll take a shirt;
- Hat and scarf for sun protection and beach towel;
- One pair of long pants and thin waterproof jacket (you will need them in case of a rainy day);
- I pod, headphones and books that you like;
- Photo camera;
- Lots of sunscreen (with at least 30spf);
- One pair of flips flops and one pair of confortable shoes.
Reading this article could make your preparation for a boat trip much easier. Enjoy reading and see you for the articles to come on www.mytravelstudio.com